We are a ministry of Idaho Regular Baptists, an association of 11 churches in and around the Treasure Valley, in southwestern Idaho. Our mission is to glorify God by partnering with churches in making biblical disciples of Jesus Christ through the camp experience.
In 1936, Northwest Mountain Mission established a ministry in the logging town of McCall, Idaho, serving the hard-working miners and foresters of the region and their families. They started bringing the gospel "to the farthest man out." Camp Pinewood was carved out of the forest and cleared with mules to provide a headquarters for the ministry. During the same general time, around 1945 a group of Baptist Churches established a camp near Warm Lake to provide youth camps and family to their growing congregations. Land leased from the forest served very well for over fifty years, and by the 1990s the thriving ministry needed room to expand. God's provision was evident to both groups as the Southern Idaho Regular Baptist Churches bought the McCall property in 1999. Camp Pinewood celebrates over 80 years of reaching kids, adults, and families with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ!
WHERE WE ARe
Located in the beautiful Rocky mountains of Central Idaho, Camp Pinewood is 48 acres of wooded grounds with a mile of river frontage along Payette River. We are conveniently located 3 blocks from the downtown McCall and Payette lake on Mission St. We are 100 miles north of Boise on Hwy 55.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. Scriptures - We believe in the authority and sufficiency of the Holy Bible, consisting of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, as originally written; that it is inspired by God and is the product of Spirit-controlled men, and therefore is infallible and inerrant in all matters of which it speaks.
2 Timothy 4:16 & 17:2, Peter 1:19-21
2. The True God - We believe there is one living and true God, an infinite Spirit, the Maker and Supreme Ruler of Heaven and earth; inexpressibly glorious in holiness, and worthy of all possible honor, confidence and love; that in the unity of the Godhead there are three persons, the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit, equal in every divine perfection and executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption.
Exodus 20:2 & 3; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Revelations 4:11
3. The Fall of Man - We believe that man was created in innocence (in the image and likeness of God) under the law of his Maker, but by voluntary transgression Adam fell from his sinless state, all men sinned in him, and all men are totally depraved, and are sinners by nature and by conduct, and therefore are under just condemnation without defense or excuse.
Genesis 3:1-6; Romans 3:10-19; 5:12, 19; 1:18, 32
4. The Virgin Birth - We believe that Jesus was begotten of the Holy Spirit in a miraculous manner, born of Mary, a virgin, and that He is both the Son of God and God, the Son.
Genesis 3:15; Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:35; John 1:14
5. Salvation - We believe that the salvation of sinners is divinely initiated and wholly of grace through the mediatorial offices of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. We believe faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is the only condition of salvation. It is not of works nor church membership nor anything we can accomplish ourselves but a true gift of grace by our Lord.
Ephesians 2:8-9; Acts 15:11; Romans 3:24,25; John 3:16; Hebrews 2:14-17; 1 John 4:10; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 Corinthians 15:3 and 2 Corinthians 5:21; Romans 3:24; 4:5; 5:1, 9 Galatians 2:16; Philippians 3:9